Ingrdients for 4 servings
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
4 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 lb potato, peeled and cubed (900 g)
chickpeas, 1 can, drained (small)
- Handful of chopped spinach
vegetable broth (240 mL)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
chopped tomatos, 1 can (small)
coconut milk, 1 can (small)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, paprika, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and mix well until well-coated in spices.
- Add the chickpeas and stir.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, and tomatoes and stir, then pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Add spinach simmer for further 3 minutes. Can be served with boiled rice or naan bread.