Chives are edible. There are many things you can do with chive blossoms, the easiest of which is to pull the flower heads apart and use them as a garnish or to add a delicate onion flavor into savory dishes like soups, cream sauces, potatoes, and egg dishes.
#allotment #chives #growyourownherbs
2 pints water
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 orange
Ginger peeled and grated (half thumb size)
- Wash the rhubarb stems and cut them into 1″ pieces
- Peel grater and add the ginger
- Put them in a large pot with cold water
- Bring the water to the boil, cover the pot, turn down the heat and simmer the rhubarb for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Strain the liquid into a jug, pressing down on the rhubarb to extract as much juice as possible.
- Put the jug in the fridge and allow the juice to settle
- After about 1/2 an hour, the juice will separate with some sludge on the bottom and juice at the top of the jug. Pour the clear pink juice into another jug and discard the sludge.
- Add the juice of lime /orange and mix.
- Chill until needed.
- #growyourownmedicine #allotment #organic
Moringa can be used to treat and prevent conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, anemia, arthritis, liver disease, respiratory problems, skin, digestive disorders and as a virility tonic.
A quick simple cup of sage tea.
Pour about 1 cup boiling water over about 1 tablespoon of sage leaves and steep to the desired strength before straining out the leaves. Honey and lemon can be added (optional)
You can put sage cuttings right after having cut it off the sage plant, into a glass of water. After about 2 weeks the cuttings should have developed sufficient roots so that it can be planted directly into the soil.
Recycle food and drink containers. I started these cucumber seeds off in an old coleslaw container.
#allotment #organic #homegrown
Run out of plant pots? Recycle food and drink containers to start vegetable seeds. I started my squash seeds off in a cola bottle.
Spinach can be eaten raw as a part of a salad, and it can also be cooked or sauteed down into a reduced form. This can be eaten as a side dish vegetable or added in a number of recipes for soups, stews, and casseroles. #growyourownfood #vegetables